When Brian Naquin, a local artist and designer, stepped onto the abandoned property in 2010 he instantly knew that he wanted to restore the home and grounds to the jewel that it once was.
Built in 1920 by N.G. Huth, the arts and crafts bungalow home includes a veranda and a porte cochère. In need of some TLC, Brian undertook a two year renovation process on the 3,061 sq. ft. living home and the property where the home is situated. The original stucco was mostly removed and refaced with hardy plank and the color was changed from yellow to a pale green with cream trim.
Inside the home, new wiring and plumbing were installed to bring the house up to date. Crown molding was installed throughout the home and the flooring was restored. A coffer ceiling was also added in the living room. In the kitchen, the butlers’ pantry was removed to add more practical space and the kitchen was gutted to make room for a modern kitchen complete with custom cabinets and granite countertops. The stove hood was designed and painted by Brian to create the look of a copper hood.
Gardens were added to the property to fit the scale of the home and a fence completely covered in Confederate Jasmine creates a privacy wall surrounding the property. The gardens provide a relaxing space that can be enjoyed throughout the day. Whether having coffee in the morning or cocktails in the evening, the grounds are a gathering place for friends and neighbors.